It was a packed presentation. How did I do?
iPhone (2 out of 3)
Not much time was spent on iOS for iPhone. Lets face it, like Mac OS it’s pretty feature complete until the tech changes that.
- UI Refresh: DING!
- More music features: DING! But not much was made of this on stage. But still… DING!
- Dark Mode: UH UH!
iPad (3 out of 5)
iOS 11 == iPad Biggly
- Drag and Drop: Double DING!!!!
- Split View App Picker: Kinda DING. The dock counts. Right? I’m counting it
- A finder type app: OH DING!
- No 10.5. UH UH! I have one next to me right now. Lovely it is too.
Mac (1 out of 2)
- Spec bumped Mac Pros. DING! I’m writing this on a 15 inch Kaby Lake Aluminium slab
- New version with touch bar updates: Ok, there was a new version (D’Uh) but no touch bar changes of any significance. I’ll take this as a UH UH!
- More sports biz waz. Not really
- A step away from the app model. There is a Siri face, but I don’t think that really counts.
- Amazon Instant: DING!
- TV app outside US. UH UH!
- Talk of Apples TV shows: NOPE!
- Siri Speaker: It was announced. Not sure why, but it was so; UH UH!
- New Siri domains. There were a few, but not the number I expected. Technically I was right though: DING! *sigh*
- New AI smarts: Not really on Siri, but lots of talk of Machine Learning so kinda: DING!
Total: 9 out of 18
Not great, but very happy to be right about the Mac and delighted to be wrong about the 10.5 inch iPad