Well, it’s that time of year again. Predictions seem to be the thing to do, so here are mine. iOS is splitting into many forms at the moment. I think the iPhone flavour of iOS won’t see too many big changes, but the iPad version will do. Also, you can think of Siri as a whole new ajunctive OS that’s available in the cloud, though all Apple devices. Here we go…
- UI Refresh in line with the music app. Nothing too major. You will see more bold fonts and more colours.
- New music features. Because Apple has to keep driving this forward.
- Dark mode. OLED is coming and a dark mode is a battery bonus for OLED screens. It also looks cool. The interesting question is how developers will be asked to go about implementing this.
This is where the big stuff is bound to happen. Nothing happened in iOS10 so there is two years worth of stuff ready to go.
- Drag and drop has to be the number one most demanded feature. With split view this will solve so many of the iPads productivity whoes.
- New split view app picker. Because the existing one is just awful.
- A finder type app.
- Some Pro only feature to help differentiate the line up. Possibly pencil related.
- No 10.5 inch iPad just yet. WWDC just doesn’t seem like the time
- I think Apple knows that Devs are getting tired of waiting. So they need to show willing. They can do this by releasing new spec bumped MacBook Pros.
- New version of MacOs with extended touchbar support. I’m not sure what else. macOS is a thing of beauty and I’m not sure what more they can really add without changes to the hardware.
- Sports focused refinements
- A baby step away from the app model. Tres Vague.
- Amazon Instant Video.
- TV app comes to more countries.
- Lots of talk about Planet of the Apps and Carpool Karoke.
- No Siri Speaker announced because the devs need to get to work first
- New domains that heavily hint at the Siri Speakers imminent arrival
- New AI smarts
Ok, that’s 18 predictions. Lets see how I do.